The first Year 7-10 school, St Joseph's Hastings/Regional was opened in Warlters Street, run by the Sisters of St Joseph.
St Joseph's Vocational College was started – offering an alternative Year 11 and 12 curricula for students wishing to go from school to employment. It moved to its Hay Street site in 1980.
MacKillop Senior College opened offering a traditional HSC curriculum for students.
The Marian Hospitality Centre opened and the VOCOL Skills Centre Workshops upgraded in Acacia Avenue.
The second Year 7-10 school – St Paul's High School was opened in Ocean Drive.
St Paul's High School completed.
MacKillop Senior College MPC and extensions opened.
St Joseph's Vocational College becomes the Australian Technical College.
The Australian Technical College is re-built in Boundary Street.
- The Australian Technical College becomes Newman Senior Technical College.
- Stage 1 is added to St Joseph's Regional College.
- Relocation of St Joseph's Regional College to College St, completing Stage 1-3.
- Stage 4 is added to St Joseph's Regional College.
Stage 5 is added to St Joseph's Regional College.
A Chapel has been built in a basement area adjacent to the Study Centre and Library.
A stage has been added to the College Hall and also tiered seating in the mezzanine area.
A brand new Dance Studio has been built in the Creative & Performing Arts Centre as HSC Dance is offered for the first time.
- Textile storage area constructed at the rear of TAS building.
- Large shade structure and seating built in the Senior Area.
- Three small shade structures built in the area between G and F Blocks.
- Commence construction on the extension of the Hospitality room.
- 19th November 2018 Resumption & refurbishment of Senior section of the Library into a Study Centre Hub.
- 3rd December 2018 - Commence works for the extension of the Library learning space.
- Completion of the extension to Library learning space – known as ‘The Exchange’ The update included new technology such as a state-of-the-art Promethean Board, or interactive TV, allowing staff and students to deliver and participate in engaging, collaborative 21st century learning.
- Extension to the existing Maintenance/Sports shed building. The new facility now houses the Marine Studies classroom and Sports storeroom.
- A maintenance Storage shed was completed in December 2019 and houses the College’s heavy equipment.